Koya University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences (KUJHSS) is a biannual academic journal published by the Koya University, Koya, KRG, Iraq. KUJHSS publishes original researches in all area of Humanities and Social Sciences. KUJHSS is a Peer-Reviewed Open Access journal with Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License 4.0 (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0). KUJHSS provides immediate, worldwide, barrier-free access to the full text of research articles without requiring a subscription to the journal, and has no article processing charge (APC). KUJHSS applies the highest standards to everything it does and adopts APA citation/referencing style. KUJHSS Section Policy includes three types of publications; Articles, Review Articles and Letters.
By publishing with us, your research will get the coverage and attention it deserves. Open access and continuous online publication means your work will be published swiftly, ready to be accessed by anyone, anywhere, at any time. Article Level Metrics allow you to follow the conversations your work has started.
Scope and Focus
Koya University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences (KUJHSS) publishes original research in all area of Science and Social Science. KUJHSS is published quarterly by the Koya University, KRG, Iraq. We believe that if your research is scientifically valid and technically sound then it deserves to be published and made accessible to the research community. By publishing with us, your research will get the coverage and attention it deserves. Open access and continuous online publication means your work will be published swiftly, ready to be accessed by anyone, anywhere, at any time. Article Level Metrics allow you to follow the conversations your work has started.
Articles: Articles section is for original research articles present a scientific advance. These manuscripts should present well-rounded studies reporting innovative advances that further knowledge about a topic of importance to the fields of Humanities and Social Sciences. The conclusions of the Original Research Article should clearly be supported by the results. These can be submitted as a full-length article (no more than 6000 words, 8 figures, 6 tables) with Abstract should not exceed 200 words. Original Research Articles contain at least five sections:
- Materials and Methods
Review Articles: Review Articles provide a reasoned survey and examination of a particular subject of research in the fields of Humanities and Social Sciences. These can be submitted a long review (no more than 6,000 words, 8 figures, and 6 tables). They should include a critical assessment of the works cited, explanations of conflicts in the literature, and analysis of the field. The conclusion must discuss in detail the limitations of current knowledge, future directions to be pursued in research, and the overall importance of the topic in Humanities and Social Sciences. The Abstract should not exceed 200 words. Reviews contain four sections:
- Topics (with headings and subheadings)
- Conclusions and Outlook
Letters: Letters are original research articles present scientific advance. These manuscripts should present well-rounded studies reporting innovative advances that further knowledge about a topic of importance to the fields of biology or medicine. The conclusions of the Original Research Article should clearly be supported by the results. These can be submitted as a Brief Communication (no more than 2,500 words, 3 figures, 2 tables). The Abstract should not exceed 150 words. Original Research Letters contain five sections:
- Materials and Methods
Articles: This is the main type of publication that KUJHSS will produce.
[Peer Reviewed Indexed Open Submission]
Review Articles: A critical, constructive analysis of the literature in a specific field through summary, classification, analysis, comparison.
[Peer Reviewed Indexed Open Submission]
Letters: are short reports of original research focused on an outstanding finding whose importance means that it will be of interest to scientists in other fields.
[Peer Reviewed Indexed Open Submission]
PEER REVIEW POLICIES
At KUJHSS we are committed to prompt quality scientific work with local and global impacts. To maintain a high-quality publication, all submissions undergo a rigorous review process. Characteristics of the peer review process are as follows:
- The journal peer review process is a "double blind peer review".
- Simultaneous submissions of the same manuscript to different journals will not be tolerated.
- Manuscripts with contents outside the scope will not be considered for review.
- Papers will be refereed by at least 2 experts as suggested by the editorial board.
- In addition, Editors will have the option of seeking additional reviews when needed. Authors will be informed when Editors decide further review is required.
- All publication decisions are made by the journal's Editors-in-Chief on the basis of the referees' reports. Authors of papers that are not accepted are notified promptly.
- All submitted manuscripts are treated as confidential documents. We expect our Board of Reviewing Editors, Associate Editors and reviewers to treat manuscripts as confidential material as well.
- Editors, Associate Editors and reviewers involved in the review process should disclose conflicts of interest resulting from direct competitive, collaborative, or other relationships with any of the authors, and remove oneself from cases in which such conflicts preclude an objective evaluation. Privileged information or ideas that are obtained through peer review must not be used for competitive gain.
- Our peer review process is confidential and identities of reviewers cannot be revealed.
Note: KUJHSS journal is a member of CrossRef and CrossRef services, e.g., CrossCheck. All manuscripts submitted will be checked for plagiarism (copying text or results from other sources) and self-plagiarism (duplicating substantial parts of authors' own published work without giving the appropriate references) using the CrossCheck database. Plagiarism is not tolerated.
For more information about CrossCheck/iThenticate, please visit http://www.crossref.org/crosscheck.html.
KUJHSS Journal is published 4 times per year. Accepted papers are published online ahead of print. KUJHSS is e-published online with e-ISSN: as/when process of peer-reviewing in finalized. KUJHSS 's hard-copy published with p-ISSN: quarterly with the first issue publishes the accepted papers during (January - March), the second issue publishes the accepted papers during (April - June), the third issue publishes the accepted papers during (July- September), and the fourth issue publishes the accepted papers during (October- December). The hard-copy of KUJHSS issues are published with all accepted online paper within each publication period.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Open Access (OA) stands for unrestricted access and unrestricted reuse which means making research publications freely available online. It access ensures that your work reaches the widest possible audience and that your fellow researchers can use and share it easily. The mission of the KUJHSS is to improve the culture of scientific publications by supporting bright minds in science and public engagement.
KUJHSS open access articles are published under a Creative Commons Attribution CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 license. This license lets you retain copyright and let others remix, tweak, and build upon your work non-commercially, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms. Commercial use of the publisher's PDF is subject to license fees. The main output of research, in general, is new ideas and knowledge, which the KUJHSS peer-review policy allow publishing as high-quality peer-reviewed research articles. The KUJHSS believes that maximizing the distribution of these publications - by providing free, online access - is the most effective way of ensuring that the research we fund can be accessed, read and built upon. In turn, this will foster a richer research culture and cultivate good research ethic as well. The KUJHSS, therefore, supports unrestricted access to the published materials on its main website as a fundamental part of its mission and a global academic community benefit to be encouraged wherever possible.
- Koya University supports the principles and objectives of Open Access and Open Science
- KUJHSS expects authors of research papers, and manuscripts to maximize the opportunities to make their results available for free access on its final peer-reviewed paper
- All manuscript will be made open access online soon after final stage peer-review finalized.
- Authors can archive publisher's version/PDF, but neither their pre-print nor their post-print.
- This policy will be effective from 1st October 2017 and will be reviewed during the first year of operation.
- Open Access route is available at http://jhss.koyauniversity.org/index.php/jhss for publishing and archiving all accepted papers,
- Specific details of how authors of research articles are required to comply with this policy can be found in the Guide to Authors.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS and CLOCKSS systems to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
LOCKSS: Open Journal Systems supports the LOCKSS (Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe) system to ensure a secure and permanent archive for the journal. LOCKSS is open source software developed at Stanford University Library that enables libraries to preserve selected web journals by regularly polling registered journal websites for newly published content and archiving it. Each archive is continually validated against other library caches, and if the content is found to be corrupted or lost, the other caches or the journal is used to restore it.
CLOCKSS: Open Journal Systems also supports the CLOCKSS (Controlled Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe) system to ensure a secure and permanent archive for the journal. CLOCKSS is based upon the open-source LOCKSS software developed at Stanford University Library that enables libraries to preserve selected web journals by regularly polling registered journal websites for newly published content and archiving it. Each archive is continually validated against other library caches, and if the content is found to be corrupted or lost, the other caches or the journal is used to restore it.